Scientific research is the main task of students in universities. One of the manifestations of scientific research is the writing of a scientific dissertation. A scientific thesis is a monograph on a scientific or technological problem for the purpose of a writer.
- Train scientific research methods and skills;
- Experimental results of a learning period or a scientific problem of interest;
- Publicly defending before the Council or scoring for a university diploma or master's degree
Scientific thesis included
- Subject essay, Practice harvest: report on a problem of a subject or a practical problem in a certain unit in order to draw conclusions or contribute ideas, propose solutions to carry out or improve a given matter, must not exceed 30 pages in length; (You can check buy essay papers)
- Graduation thesis or graduation project: is a general monograph of the nature, experimental results after a university training course in the field of social sciences and humanities or science and technology, with good marks for a bachelor's or engineering degree, approximately 80 pages in length; (You can check buy essay papers)
- Master's thesis: is an in-depth monograph on a specific scientific, technological, technical or management issue, proving that students have mastered the learned knowledge, grasped research methods and have skills practice on research subject, about 100 pages in length and protected in front of Council for master's degree.
The main purpose of the thesis is learning, reflecting the learning results, at the same time as a scientific research project, demonstrating the serious, independent scientific work, the writer's exploration and creativity as well as the writer's scientific ideas. Thesis is a scientific work, so it is required to be done seriously and satisfactorily: the thesis must have a scientific meaning, practical significance; data and citation sources must be accurate and reliable; the style is coherent and precise; presented in accordance with regulations and showed the writer with research method.
In order to write a thesis, the following steps are needed
- Select and name thesis topics
Thesis topics can be suggested by Faculties, Departments, teachers, and teachers or proposed by students themselves, but must not overlap with topics that have been researched before. It is better that students self-study, think and propose research problems on the basis of their interests, abilities, strengths, relationships or ideas formed earlier.
Research ideas are often formed when: listening to lectures in class; Read books; exchange, debate with scientists, colleagues; internship, practice at agencies, companies; think against common sense; identify problems in real activities; to hear complaints from others;
Based on research ideas, students will select and name a topic. To ensure the quality of the thesis, the topic must:
- Has scientific significance: complement the theory of the science subject; building new theoretical bases or clarifying some existing theoretical issues…; The latest developments in research issues ...
- Has practical value: solving problems, difficulties, problems in production, business, management ...; building grounds for socio-economic development programs of the industry and locality…;
- Being feasible: having enough conditions for completing the subject, such as: information bases, documents; laboratory equipment, if necessary; have science instructors and other collaborators; have enough time…;
- In accordance with the interests and forte of the researcher.
It is very important to name the topic correctly because the subject name specifies the subject and scope of the study. Research subjects answer the question of what research, and the scope of the research indicates the limitations in terms of space, time and scale of the research problem. Topic must be short, concise, concise, least word but contain the most information. The language used in the title must be clear and precise in order to be understood in a single sense, not be able to be understood into many meanings. Thesis topic should not be named with phrases with high information uncertainty such as
- Some thoughts on ...
- Let's talk about ...
- About the problem …
- Contribute to …
Naming of the above ambiguous topic is only suitable for an article, not for a scientific work, such as a dissertation, thesis and other scientific works. In determining the title of a topic, students should consult their teachers or instructors.