Satellite phones are routinely used for isolated communication needs across Australia. They can be used for relief and rescue operations, business applications, or casual applications including cruises, wilderness excursions, fishing expeditions, and more. Satellite phones work by receiving their signal from satellites that can be accessed from any place in the world, including the midst of the ocean and the top of a mountain.
Reasons to Rent Instead of Buy
Some of the major factors users pick to rent a satellite phone for a short or long period are as follows:
1. Safety - Those planning an adventure off the grid and outside of normal cell service typically want a dependable way to communicate in case of emergency. Many satellite phones come with an S.O.S. button, a GPS system, and more safety-focused features.
2. Chosen Connection - A satellite phone might be a good option for those looking for connection on their terms. The devices permit users to make calls, send texts, and check emails as needed without having to stay constantly connected or deal with constant unnecessary updates.
3. Save Money - Renters will invest much less when renting satellite phone equipment, offering a more affordable option for those planning to be outside of normal cell phone range for a short period of time.
4. Low Commitment - Renting comes with more flexibility and the chance to rent the newest models for vacations or business trips throughout the year. This is also a good opportunity for consumers to try out several devices before making a big purchase.
Sat Phone Service Provider Options
Some of the top service providers of satellite phone rentals include:
○ This extensive global network is one of the most recognizable and reliable options for a sat phone rental.] ● Thuraya.
○ This network covers all of Australia and can be trusted to work for most applications.
○ This global network features nearly global coverage thanks to some of the world's most reliable and secure satellite and ground networks.
○ This network supplies regional coverage depending on the device that is rented.
Before customers hire a sat phone to use in Australia, they are encouraged to think about the coverage, costs, airtime plans, and features offered by each network.
Prominent Satellite Phones for Rent.
Some of the most highly sought out satellite phones for hire include the following:.
● Iridium 9555.
○ This is one of the most popular devices thanks to an easy-to-use interface, simple design, and rugged durability. This sat phone features an integrated speakerphone, SMS, email capabilities, an internally stowed antenna, and an upgraded Mini-USB data port.
● Iridium 9575 Extreme.
○ This enhanced sat phone from Iridium includes customizable GPS, online tracking, and programmable emergency notifications.
● Inmarsat Isatphone 2.
○ This option provides advanced features including voicemail, text and email messaging, tracking, high voice quality, GPS location data, and more.
How to Decide On the Ideal Satellite Phone.
Individuals that are unsure about which satellite handset to select should keep in mind the following criteria:.
● Economics of use.
● Airtime pricing plans.
● Ease of use.
● Geographic coverage requirements.
● Bluetooth and WiFi capabilities.
● Ruggedness and compliance with military specification.
● Data capabilities including email, text, and messaging.
● Special option requirement including GPS, tracking, and panic alarms.
A customer care associate can aid renters in finding the right sat phone equipment for their specific application and budget.
Satellite Phone Accessories.
Renters may also want to include certain accessories with their booking to help them stay even more connected. Satellite phone rental providers also offer a variety of accessories including cases, antennas, batteries, docking stations, wifi satellite hotspots, privacy handsets, and more.
Sat Phone Hire for Schools.
Some satellite phone rental companies will offer special pricing for educational institutions. These devices offer a better way to stay in touch on school field trips. Rent a Satellite Phone offers a 20% discount for schools to keep costs down. They offer two options:.
● IsatPhone Pro - This is available for $14.40 per day and may be ideal for day hiking trips where schools need to make scheduled calls back to the school.
● Iridium 9555 - This option comes in at $16.80 per day and may be better in situations where schools need to stay in contact as much as possible.
Where to Rent Satellite Phones, Plans, & Accessories.
Rent a Satellite Phone is Australia's number one company of sat phone rentals. Their consumers enjoy the latest equipment to meet every need. Each sat phone comes in a waterproof pelican protective case to allow for safe transport throughout the duration of the booking. Rent a Satellite Phone carries the largest selection of satellite phones in Australia, including:.
● Iridium 9555.
● Iridium 9575.
● Inmarsat IsatPhone Pro.
Sat Phone Service Locations.
Rent a Satellite Phone is the relied on sat phone provider with quick, overnight delivery available for major cities in Australia. They cater to the following places with sat phone plans for rent:.
● Definition of Metro.
● Perth Metro - Western Australia.
● Adelaide - South Australia.
● Sydney - New South Wales.
● Brisbane - Queensland.
● Gold Coast - Queensland.
● Canberra Capital City.
● Alice Springs - Northern Territory.
Get Going with Easy, Online Booking.
Satellite phones can be conveniently booked online for short or long-term trips. The qualified local advisors from Rent a Satellite Phone will assist renters in arranging the correct sat phone and data broadband equipment.
To learn more visit Rent a Satellite Phone today.